Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cash for California

Yup. We need some. Every little bit will help get our humanitarian aid - Canadian children's books  - to Compton, California for our Airlift to LA project!

The books are piling up in my living room and I'm starting to freak thinking about how much work it's going to take to get them all packed up and sent. And they're still coming...



And I was planning to pay for shipping the books out of my own pocket, but now I'm thinking it might be too expensive for me to do on my writer's income. The more books, the more $$ to ship them right? I guess I didn't think this all the way through... or maybe I just didn't expect that so many people would jump in!

So I've set up a paypal account to accept donations. You'll now be able to send me cold hard cash to help with this project. I will post a complete accounting of how much cash came in and how much went out when the books go. Please note that if you click on the donate button, it won't pop up saying "Air lift to LA"; it will pop up with an email address of a person  - not me. Why why why. Because I've had problems in the past with my paypal account and used my son's email address as a workaround. If it makes you nervous, email me at helaine@helainebecker.com and we can confirm the best way to proceed.





And to those of you who take me up on this and send in some money, I think you from the bottom of my empty pockets.

1 comment:

  1. Just to let you know, I've spent the last 90 minutes trying to get that donate button on the page permanently and not just into this post, but no can do. Seems the widget required has a bug. It looks like blogger removed it from the gadgets list temporarily. But lordy, this has driven me round the bend. I might get it up there eventually....by the time the project is over.

    ReplyDelete

Because: Science!