Monday, October 25, 2010

Silver Birch 2011 Shortlist Announced

Today is one of the biggest days on the Canadian kidlit calendar - the day the Ontario Library Association formally announces its shortlists for the Forest of Reading program.

I'm thrilled to see that my own book, What's the Big Idea? has been nominated in the non-fiction category for the Silver Birch!


Here is the complete shortlist for the Silver Birch, fiction and non-fiction nominees:

The Awards ceremony, which is held in May, is always such a great event. This year, alas, I'm going to have to miss it, since I'll be touring for the Hackmatack Award Program that same week. When it rains, it pours eh? I've already had a lovely chat with my OLA rep, though, about skyping in a visit on the big day, just so I can get my little Silver Birch fix!

A hearty congrats to all the nominees, in all the Forest of Reading categories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because: Science!