Friday, November 12, 2010

Canadian Children's Book Centre Best Books for Kids and Teens 2010 Announced

One of the perks of being a member of the Canadian Children's Book Centre is that you automatically get copies of the wonderful CCBC magazine. Each issue (4 a year)  provides wonderful reviews of the best of the best in Canadian kid lit, as well as interesting news stories, and profiles of some of Canada's most exciting authors.

Best of all is the issue that contains the Best Books lists and reviews for the year. It comes out in November to coincide with the TD Book Awards and the launch of the holiday shopping season. (Get yours today!)



This year, when I opened my issue, I was thrilled and honored to discover not one, not two, but THREE of my books were included for 2010!

The Insecto-Files appears in the Science and Technology section, along with What's the Big Idea?


I had hoped (with crossedy-fingers) that at least one of these two books would be included this year, so I was more than happy to find them both listed. But happy doesn't describe how I felt when I noted the third included title. It knocked my socks off, especially since it was given a coveted starred review!

What was this mystery selection?

You'll find it at the back of the mag, in the sports section:
Now don't get me wrong - My surprise wasn't because I don't think Skateboarding Science deserves the mention. Of course it does!!!! My surprise comes from the fact that this book was part of a sports science series I did for Crabtree Press. It's sold primarily through the school library market, so it's not particularly high profile.

Altogether, reading my issue of the Best Books list made my day. I know reading the mag will make yours too, because there are literally dozens of fabulous books described in it, books that will be "just right" for that special someone on your shopping list. Or, ahem, for you.





1 comment:

  1. Oh, yeah - go, you! Woo-hoo! And thanks for the info about CCBC and their magazine.

    ReplyDelete

Because: Science!