Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dr. Greenie's Mad Lab #science #tv #children #education

In my last post, I mentioned that I've been working with a television production company on a science show for kids. I've written the segment called "Dr. Greenie's Mad Lab" for two years now, and have also completed a full interactive webisode for the show that will be ready some time early in 2012. We're all hoping the show will be renewed for another year - it's been getting great reviews from the broadcaster, APTN.


The show is environmentally-focused, emphasizing the positive steps people around the world are taking to help protect Mother Earth.  It's a "magazine" style show, with seven different segments. Mine, Dr. Greenie, features a mad scientist and his supersized pink Guinea Pig sidekick. It's silly, sophomoric, and scientifically sound.

When I signed on for the project, I was told that the sound board contained 86 different fart sounds. My mission? To use them all. After two years, and twenty-six episodes, we've used about 40. Clearly we need another two years to complete my task!

You can see last year's totally ridiculous episodes at the Planet Echo Website. I hope you like 'em!

Because: Science!